- Healthy Lifestyle Excursion: Monday October 15
- Outdoor Classroom Day: Thursday November 1
- Super Hero Celebration Day: Thursday November 22
This term in PP we are focussing on the following:
- Continue with whole class reading books and group guided reading books. Decoding tricky words and making meaning of what we have read.
- Guided and free writing, letter writing, list making, card writing and labelling pictures and diagrams.
- Our sounds are all alphabet sounds,sh ch th, ss ff zz ll, blends tr dr cr br gr fr, final blends ng nt nk nd and initial blend bl cl fl pl sl
- Careful counting
- Addition, subtraction and sharing
- Place value
- Number writing and reading number words
HUMANITIES – GEOGRAPHY:
- The representation of familiar places, such as schools, parks and lakes on a pictorial map.
- The globe as a representation of the Earth on which Australia and other familiar countries can be located
HEALTH and PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Actions that promote health, safety and wellbeing, such as:
- Participate in play that promotes engagement with outdoor settings and the natural environment
- Throwing, catching and kicking a ball from the ground
- Continue to consolidate algorithms
- Program – plugged and unplugged activities
- Internet safety
- Chemical materials