- It enables our learners to use their knowledge of the language and to communicate across cultures with other people.
- It enriches our learners intellectually, educationally and culturally.
- It allows learners to a better understanding of the culture of another group and therefore, contributes to social cohesiveness through better communication and understanding.
- It develops an understanding of one’s own language and culture through comparison with another language and culture. It helps our children to develop their first language literacy.
- It creates and enhances employment and career opportunities for learners of languages.
A language is Literacy which provides numerous cognitive and metalinguistic benefits. The following directly link what students learn in Italian to NAPLAN:-